In the US corporate world, an emerging trend which has traced to have great prospects in the future is the use of refurbished or recycled furniture. These are essentially some unused furniture items, or those which have been replaced from an office owing to some reason. The demand for such recycled office furniture is growing considerably, and it is estimated to grow at 6.57% CAGR within 2016 to 2020.
Since designing an office interior is an expensive endeavor, it is really a great idea to utilize recycled, well conditioned furniture. However, at first it is essential to properly plan the required essentials to avoid unnecessary expense.
Planning Office Furniture
· You need to analyze the available space, accommodation of a maximum number of employees and accordingly the essential furniture unit.
· You need to arrange for space saving and hence opt for easy to use desks.
· Planning for required storage options in cabinets, wall mounted storage spaces, storage unit attached to desks or within desks form another essential part of planning.
· Since the comfort of every person working in the office is important, you need to look for comfortable office chairs as well.
Listing of Primary Essentials in Furniture
While planning to buy office furniture you need to categorize the requirements as per primary, secondary and tertiary. Among primary furniture units, you need to include your working surface, which is the desk and also office chair. In secondary requirement list, you can essentially list shelves, cabinets, guest room furniture like sofa, table, conference room tables, cabinets, etc.
Considering Office Desk
Among all the essential office furniture items, your working desk is one of the most important ones. You need to analyze your work type before deciding an office desk. This is like, if you have paper oriented work, which makes it essential for you to have enough flat working space on your desk, you need to look for a desk with an inclusive return. This means, the desk needs to have an L-shaped extension.
However, if your work is rather reference oriented, that is you need to refer to magazines, papers, journals, other materials quite often, you need a desk design where you can store your reference materials within your reach. This can be a desk with a hutch or maximum drawers below the desk surface.
· You can also arrange for top fitted hutch in cubicles as well, which can be high utility office furniture.
· Besides you can also use the corners of your office space to set up corner desks. This will not only provide you the corner walls for fixing a corner hutch, it will also effectively use the corner space. It can be a great idea for small offices with limited space.
· However, if your work is mostly computer based, or telephonic you need not go for storage style desks. Rather simple and stylish standard desks are enough for work.
However, while designing or planning furniture for office, it is essential to keep in mind to offer space for easy and swift movement within the office.